Today I’m sharing my first Halloween post of the season! I wanted to do a makeup look that was relatively easy to achieve to get me into the swing of things. I also knew I wanted to play with a little bit of color, so I came up with another sugar skull look. As I said, this look is super easy to achieve, and doesn’t take much time at all. Let’s get into the steps!
- Using a white paint, cover your entire face and lips in a thin layer. Add a burgundy eye shadow in large circles around the eyes, and smaller green circles surrounding each one. You can use a colored eye liner or face paint for this part for the smaller circle. Create the skeletal look by adding black to either side of your nose.
- Using a black paint, create a spider web in the center of the forehead. Simply add five vertical lines and connect them all with horizontal lines.
- For the mouth, add short vertical lines with black on the lips. You want to give the illusion of teeth here.
- Continue your vertical lines on both sides of the mouth and add one long horizontal line through the entire look. Use black eye shadow to contour your cheek bones and forehead for a sunken in look.
- For the design on the chin, take a blue and pink face paint and create any desired look. Then outline your design in black to make it pop. You can also add tiny black lines throughout your spiderweb design to make it appear more realistic. Embellish your eyes even further by adding orange dots around the green circles.
- To finish off the look, add black eye shadow as shading inside the burgundy color to make your eyes appear more sunken in. Outline the burgundy shade in a black border and you’re done!
White face paint (all over color)
Black gel liner (nose, mouth, spider web)
Face paint crayons (eyes, chin design)
Thank you guys so much for reading! To make this look even easier, I’ve filmed the step by step tutorial for my YouTube channel as well. You can watch the full video here and subscribe so you don’t miss more to come! Also, I’m planning some Halloween nail art pictorials, so please leave your requests in the comments. I hope your day is fabulous; love and light! :)
*post contains affiliate links
YouTube Channel: Polished by Amy